Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Hexi Hive Bee Blocks

 

I have finally finished my blocks for the 3x6 sampler quilt bee that I am taking part in over on Flickr. 

Now this block for some reason did not want to play but I got it finished eventually!

DSC02263

This is what it looked like before I corrected my mistake!

DSC00941-001_thumb1

 

I unpicked all the hexagons off the block and removed the borders.

I then made a new block, this time with the correct background colour!

Great, finished!

NO

measured it and found it was the wrong sixe by 1/4”

So unpicked both borders again!

Worried that I didn’t have any of the grey fabric left, by the skin of my teeth I had just enough,

Anyway here they all are

DSC02259DSC02253DSC02257DSC02263Jill

ElizabethHere they all are together.DSC02269

I am loving this block, time consuming Yes, but fun.

I can’t decide which one I like best, but I am quite partial to the block that I used Vintage Modern fabric by Bonnie & Camille for Moda ,  these were the leftovers from making my Vintage Holiday Quilt.  But I do love all the colour combinations and I can see myself using these one day.

4 comments:

  1. They are lovely Sam, despite all the unpicking! Definitely worth all that effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab! They look really jolly.

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! I'm finally getting caught up on my blog reading. I LOVE your hexi blocks!! I understand having to rip things out...darn it...it's never fun!! But LOVE LOVE LOVE all your blocks hanging in the tree. That is the perfect picture!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...