Monday, March 28, 2011

Coffee filter seeds - into compost..................

Here are the Zinnia seeds I sowed using the coffee filter method. They now need potting on!!!!! Just take a small tooth pick/cocktail stick and gently lift the seedling from the paper, make a small hole in the compost and put the seed in it. That is basically it, just sit back and watch them grow. WARNING this is addictive, to the point that you will end up with far too many plants than you wanted!! so caution try to not sow to many of one type!!!!! I have also planted some other seeds that I started off exactly the same way: nastutium, dianthus, hollhocks, peppers, lupins,

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I will have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I feel like I'm a part of the process! You already have seedlings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing how fast some of these seeds germinate, if I had just put them into compost they would have taken so much longer and this way I know that the seeds have germinated and I am not waiting for a seed to germinate that never will. Some of the seeds took only 4 days before I potted them on.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...