Thursday, January 1, 2009

Finally managed to get some crafting done, not the usual scrapping but something different. I think I have lost my mojo for scrapping at the moment. Could be down to the fact that everything is just such a mess in my craft room.

I love the Primitive Country look and have seen lots of different signs in the country stores with some fantastic quotes. So I thought I would have a go at making one. I covered the wood with acrylic paint and stencilled the letters onto it and finally gave it a coat of matt varnish. DH put some hanging things on the back for me. The FRIENDS ARE WELCOME signs now sits above my cooker.

For the stitched pic I used calico that I soaked in tea to age it, then stitched the sentiment, added some hearts with buttons. I then put it in the frame without the glass and added batting to the back of it to give it a bit of a padded look. I am not sure about the brown frame so might paint it black, I haven't decided yet.

These framed stitched pic is for a neighbour that has really made us welcome since moving here to the US. Just hope she likes it!!! I have also made a sign for her which I will post in the next post when I get round to taking a picture of it.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...